What is This Memoir Project?
This project is about cheating death. More specifically, it is about cheating death of the opportunity to have the last word. Upon our deaths, we lose our ability to communicate to those whom outlive us. Our survivors must rely upon their memories; memories of what they heard us say, what they saw us do, or how we made them feel. Unfortunately, memories fade, and if, as survivors, we do not document those moments, we can forget, and lose, those experiences.
This is a preemptive approach, geared towards preserving memories by documenting what we, as individuals, believe will become important to our survivors and descendants.
My objectives with this project include…
- Honoring our friends and family members when they pass.
- Honoring our friends and family members whom survive us when we pass.
- Documenting our personal stories, our memoirs, and sharing them with our heirs.
- Defining our legacy, identifying how we want to be remembered.
- Rekindle the forgotten importance of ceremony as part of the human experience.